Sunday, March 2, 2014

Happy-ism post 18

Hi again,
For this post I will be addressing quesions assigned by my teacher to reflect on my project so far.
My favorite things that have came up unexpected during my project would be to learn things for myself and truly creating my own philosophy. I have been thinking about my project a lot and even thinking a certain way can really change your way of thinking during everyday life.
If i could change anything from the begginging, it would be planning more. I honestly wish that I would have planned my project more by thinking of the experiments earlier so it would be easier to just go out and do them. My creativity really has to be spread out instead.
Yet sometimes it truly is hard to reach out to do certain things that I think of.
But I guess it's just another trait of the learning process during my Happy-ism project.
I have brought not only the experiments into planning but also just my life as well. I think more about the better and how everything is so much better than it seems. I am always very deep in thought. I think about if my life as a happy-ism category at that point. For example, today my hockey team and I played our first state playoff game. We played the second best team in the league and lost. After the game, there were tears. Some tears were from losing, some from the season over. Although I thought that we rather want to end in smiles rather than tears. I kept things positive and reminded them how far we've came and how much fun we've had together. We all need pep talks. Anything in life.
I have been doing small things that are too small to mention yet they have a big impact because to me, happiness is not something small. It can shape the lives of anyone. I want to do something big.
don't like how I have had phases where I haven't done anything worth mentioning for my experiments. That's where my regret comes in for not planning enough in the beginning. I need better connections to do something bigger. I need to look at a calendar and just do things. Also a thing I wish I would have done is write the book on the computer and not a notebook.
So thinking of that, I thought I should find a website that can hold my writings online! Google docs is what I will be using now. It will be way more accessible and I will freely write in it more! I'm so glad I thought of it by now. There are so many things to do. I really need to pick up the pace in doing the experiments each and everyday. I hope everything will run smoothly when everything is together. Although I am not close to that yet. Also I should start taking more pictures for my final presentation.
So this week, one of my things I will do will be just participating in all my classes every single day this week. I wonder if participating more creates a difference that can engage mind. What is the difference? I'll find out if its related to a happy-ism category. I'm usually not a regular participator so this should be good for me.
I'll give you an update next week with some things that I've done and things that I have found out!
Thanks and talk to you soon,
~Grace
Quote of the week:
"We must enhance the light, not fight the darkness." -Aharaon David Gordon

1 comment:

  1. Hi Grace,

    You have a very thoughtful reflection on your progress so far. I think you have been doing a great job, and I am impressed with all of your hard work.

    I noticed that you commented on wishing you had put more planning into your experiments ahead of time. That is something great to reflect on, and it is certainly something you could start doing for the second half of your project time. However, it sounds like you have been doing a great job implementing your experiments so far.

    I also think it is a good idea to use Google Docs. I use them a lot, and it is very convenient, especially when I am working on a group project with other people. When your project is finished, Weebly is a cool way to make a website. I am sure your teacher could help you with that! I have one if you want to check it out:
    learningfromexperience.weebly.com

    Keep up the great work!
    Leanna

    ReplyDelete